Going on holiday is super exciting! Is there a better feeling than chillaxing by the pool, listening to your favourite tunes and eating ice cream with your friends and family? We can’t think of anything! But packing for the adventure can often be difficult so we’ve prepared a list of essentials to help you out and make sure you don’t forget anything.
Clothes are usually first to go in our suitcase, but where do you begin? How do you decide what you actually need and what you should take? A good starting point is thinking about how hot it will be on your holiday and what activities you’ll be doing. Remember that temperatures in even the hottest countries can drop right down in the evenings, so don’t forget to take something to cover up in case you feel chilly. Also, it’s unlikely that you’ll be by the pool or on the beach all day long, so take clothes that you’ll be comfortable in whatever you do. You can’t go wrong if you include essentials such as:
- Shorts- perfect alternative for when it’s too hot for trousers.
- Skirts- great for going out into town and posing for pictures.
- Tops & t-shirts- browse our lovely short-sleeve collection here.
- Cardigan- for covering up in the evenings when it gets cool- have a look at our beautiful range here.
- Bottoms- take a pair of jeans or leggings for when you don’t want to wear shorts or skirts.
- Sleepwear- take something comfortable and that won’t be too hot to sleep in. Did you know that we do 100% Cotton pyjamas? Find them here.
- Underwear- bras, knickers, socks. Always take extra, better to be safe than sorry!
Having the wrong footwear can easily ruin your holiday so make sure you don’t get this wrong, particularly if you’re taking new shoes which you haven’t worn before. The last thing you want are painful blisters- eewwww! A good idea would be to pack some plasters just in case.
- Sandals- great for hotter climates to keep your feet nice and airy. Perfect for walking to the beach, restaurants and evening strolls.
- Flip-flops- for walking around the hotel and by the pool, super practical because not only are they easy to put on and take off, they are also usually waterproof so you don’t have to worry about getting them wet.
- Trainers- if you’ll be doing any longer walks, sight-seeing or tours, make sure you pack a pair of trainers. They will also be handy if you want to spend some time on the tennis courts!
Swimwear is a must-have for a sun-soaked getaway. Angel’s Face is famous for its SPF50+ swimwear and you can see our marvellous collection here. Before you travel, make sure you have the following:
- Swimwear- pack a couple of your favourite swimsuits and bikinis for that poolside glamour. Make sure that you pack at least two, so that one dries while you wear the other!
- Rash tops- a great way to protect yourself from the sun while you’re in the pool or sea. We have 4 colours available, which is your favourite?
- Towel- take a towel big enough to lay down on. Simply spread it on the sand or a sun lounger and you’re ready!
- Swim bag- for all your belongings (purse, electronics, books etc.) to keep them concealed while you’re in the water. Make sure it’s big enough to put your towel in too!
Accessories not only provide that extra touch to your look, they can be pretty useful too. So make sure you don’t forget the following:
- Sunglasses- being in bright sun for a long time can cause headaches so make sure you pack your favourite pair of sunnies. Don’t sunbathe with them for too long otherwise you’ll end up getting an awkward tan!
- Hat- No matter what style you choose, protect your scalp from getting burnt by wearing a lovely hat.
- Jewellery- add a little bit of sparkle to your outfit with your favourite earrings, watch, bracelet or necklace.
- Bag- different to the swim bag. This one is smaller, for storing your things when you go into town, restaurants or for walks.
- Hair clips, hair band and hairbrush- take the essential bits to keep your hair nice and tidy. There are a lot of photos taken on holiday so make sure your hair is always picture-ready.
Toiletries are essential for good hygiene as well as protecting your skin from sunburn so make sure you pack the below items:
- Sun cream- the sun can be dangerous, particularly for those with sensitive skin. We recommend SPF50 to be safe.
- After sun- to be applied when you come back from the pool/beach. It soothes the skin and reduces risk of sunburn.
- Shower gel, shampoo & conditioner- usually one bottle each per room will be enough, so allocate who takes what in advance.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Plasters & bandages- for those little cuts, blisters or other emergencies.
- Wet wipes- great multi-purpose item so try to take it with you wherever you go.
You’ll need your electronics to take pictures and to listen to music by the pool. Make sure you free up space on your devices before you leave and download your favourite playlists so that you don’t need to rely on wifi. Be extra careful when using your phone abroad as it could lead to very expensive data charges! If you’re not sure, check tariffs with your network provider before you set off. Lastly, remember that you’re on holiday, so enjoy the moment and try to use your electronics as little as possible.
- Phone & charger- we know you won’t forget your phone, but many forget their chargers and a phone without battery is as useful as a chocolate teapot!
- Tablet/kindle- great for reading and watching movies by the pool or before bed.
- Headphones- use your headphones when you’re listening to music or watching movies- people around you may want peace and quiet when on holiday so be considerate.
- Adaptor- foreign countries have different wall sockets so your plugs won’t fit! (thanks captain obvious) Make sure you take an adaptor to avoid this problem.
- Camera & charger- you’ll want to remember your holiday forever so take as many pictures as you can. Be fun, crazy and creative- those kinds of pictures are the most interesting and fun to look at. And don’t overdo the selfies!
Although it’s the adult’s responsibility to take care of the below, it wouldn’t hurt to double check that these are packed:
- Passport- make sure it isn’t expired!
- Travel insurance
- English and foreign money
- VISAs (if applicable)
- Jabs. Look up if you need them here:
- Hotel details
- Flight tickets
- Credit card
Finally, make sure all this weighs under the allowance. You don’t want to be throwing things away in the airport. If you need any further inspiration, check out our Holiday Pinterest board here!
Angel's Face wishes you a safe journey and a great holiday! Make sure you take lots of pictures and share them with us on social media. Bon Voyage!